1) Mention the conditions to maximise the yield of ammonia by Haber's process
Since Haber's Process is a reversible reaction, with N2 and H2 being the reactants NH3 being product, so to maximize yield, we have to shift the reaction forward, by the conditions in Le Chatlier's Principle:-
- Minimum Temp:- But an optimum temp of about 700K is necessary to keep the reaction going.
- Presence of A catalyst like finely divided iron + a promoter(which increases the catalytic activity of the catalyst) like Molybednum metal (Mo).
- Increased Pressure:- About 200atm pressure is used.
- Concentration:- Ammonia gas is removed to favour the forward reaction