10 positive characteristics of democracy
Please refer the following link
A free democracy involves the people.
The people can vote for whoever they want, though at the ballots, only a few candidates are actually listed.
The power of the people hold the Government to account, when a government isn't doing too well, they are booted out as determined by the people.
In a democracy, it is always most often majority or mob rule, where a majority can overpower decisions of a minority. A majority can be something as basic as 50.1% of the votes, or even 1 vote more than the minority.
With majority rule, this leaves one half of the population (in theory) unhappy, while the other half is happy, this is a major flaw in democracy, however, it is an actual fact that not everyone can be satisfied at the same time
There are also political parties form, so that people with the same views can assimilate.
Examples of political parties are the Republican and Democratic party of the USA, the Conservative Party of the UK, and the Christian Democratic Union of Germany
Democracy is either representative, like in the US, where the people choose representatives to go to Parliament/Congress. In theory, the Representative must represent his area according to the people, however, it isn't always the case these days. The representative usually gets one vote in Parliament and he/she can use the vote however he/she wants to determine whether laws are passed or not. The other democracy is Direct Democracy (in like Switzerland), where the people vote in referendums that determine whether laws are passed or not. This is called direct democracy, because it directly involves the people.
Democracy also depends on how many people turn up at the booths, low turnouts don't represent the nation fully, and can lead to political disaster
Democracy also requires confidentiality, where your vote is kept secret, in order to avoid intimidation, which leads to some people gaining unfair advantages.
There many features and characteristics of democracy, but here are some.
1) A DEMOCRACY IS BASED ON A FREE AND FAIR ELECTION WHERE THOSE CURRENTLY IN POWER HAVE A FIAR CHANCE OF LOSING.
2) IN A DEMOCRACY,EACH ADULT CITIZEN HAVE ONE VOTE AND EACH VOTE HAVE ONE VALUE.
3) A DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT RULES WITHIN LIMITS SET BY CONSTITUTIONAL LAW AND CITIZENS RIGHTS.
4) A DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT IS A BETTER GOVERNMENT BECAUSE IT IS A MORE ACCOUNTABLE FORM OF GOVERMENT.
5) A DEMOCRACY IMPROVES THE QUALITY OF DECIASION MAKING.
6)DEMOCRACY PROVIDES A METHOD TO DEAL WITH DIFFRENCES AND CONFLICTS.
7) DEMOCRACY ENHANCES AHE DIGNITY OF CITIZENS.
8) DEMOCRACY IS BETTER THAN OTHER FORMS OF GOVERNMENT BECAUSE IT ALLOWS US TO CORRECT ITS OWN MISTAKES.
9)TRUE DEMOCRACY WILL COME TO THIS COUNTRY ONLY WHEN NO ONES GOES HUNGRY TO BED.
10) IN A DEMOCRACY EVERY CITIZEN IS ABLE TO PLAY EQUAL ROLE IN DECISION MAKING .
I HAVE WRITED THIS ANSWER WITH VERY EFFORTS WHILE HOPING THAT YOU WILL FIND IT HELPFUL
BEST OF LUCK!!!