construct a quadrilateral ABCD in which AB=2.5cm ,BC=3.5cm ,AC=4.5cm CD=3.5cm AND AD=2.5.cm CONSTRUCT ANOTHER QADILATERAL A'B'C'D' with digonal AC=6.3cm SUCH THAT IT IS SIMILAR TO QUADRILATERAL ABCD.
note since the similar quadrilateral is A'B'C'D'.
therefore the diagonal for new quadrilateral A'B'C'D' is A'C'.
steps of construction:
1. draw a straight line AC = 4.5 cm.
2. from A cut an arc of length 2.5 cm and from C cut an arc of length 3.5 cm.
3.let it intersect at point B. join AB and AC.
4.from A draw another arc of length 2.5 cm on the opposite side of B and from C cut an arc of length 3.5 cm. on the opposite side of B.
5. let it intersect at point D. join AD and CD.
thus ABCD is the required quadrilateral.
to draw the another quadrilateral A'B'C'D' similar to ABCD.
6. extend AC and take a line segment A'C' = 6.3 cm.
7. from A' draw a line parallel to AB and from C' draw a line parallel to CB.
8. let these lines intersect at point B' . join A'B' and C'B'.
9. from A' draw a line parallel to AD on the opposite side of B' and from C' draw a line parallel to CD on the opposite sides of B'
10. let these lines intersects at D'. join A'D' and C'D'.
thus A'B'C'D' is the required quadrilateral, which is similar to ABCD.