differentiate between respiration and photosynthesis.
The differences between respiration and photosynthesis are:
1.It is a catabolic process in which food material is broken down and energy is release.
2. Carbohydrates, like glucose, act as raw materials. Oxygen is required in aerobic respiration
3. The process of respiration goes on 24 hours a day.
4. Every living cell of the organism respires.
5. The end products of respiration are H2O, CO2, and energy in form of ATP.
6. The day weight of the plant decreases due to utilization of food materials.
1.It is an anabolic process in which food material is synthesized and energy is stored.
2. Carbon dioxide, water, chlorophyll and light act as raw mate4rials.
3. In natural conditions it takes place in daytime, because light is essential for this process.
4. Only chlorophyll containing cells can carry out the process of photosynthesis.
5. O2, ATP and food material are the end-products of photosynthesis.
6. The day weight of the plant increases due to synthesis of food material.