examples of newton's second law of motion
Newtons second law states that an object will change acceleration if pushed or pulled upon.so and example would be pushing a ball..the velocity goes from 0 to how hard you push the ball.Newtons second law also states that if it gets twise the mass it accelerates half as muchso an example would be pushing a 10 lb ball as hard as you can. then pushing a 5 lb ball as hard as you can. the 10 lb ball would accelerate less than the 5 lb ball because the 10 lb ball has more mas
1)when a cricket player catches a ball he lowers his hands a little so that time taken will be more and therefore force exerted on the player's hands will be less.
2)When a person falls on a cement floor he would get hurt,because the cement floor is very hard and the person takes less time to fall on it . therefore force on the person would me more.in the same way if a person falls on the sand he would not get hurt because sand allows a body to go inside it and therefore time taken is more resulting in less force exerted on the person.
3)A karate player breaks a pile of bricks very quickly.in this case the time taken is less and force exerted on the bricks is more , by which it breaks.
1) during the game of table tennis if the ball hits a player it does not hurt him .
2) when a fast moving cricket ball hits a spectator , it may hurt him.
3) a truck at rest does not reqire any attention when parked along a roadside.but a moving truck , even at speed as low as 5ms-1 ,may kill a person standing in its path .
these observation suggest that the impact produced by the objects depends on their mass and velocity .
Newton's second law is related to unbalanced forces. Hence they should be a net force for application of Newton's Second Law of Motion. If you push a ball then it will not move initially due to the force of friction. Once you push harder and your force is more than the force of friction then the ball will start moving. The amount of acceleration of the ball is related by F = ma. Hence more mass means less acceleration. Similarly more force means more acceleration.
THUMB UP PLZ...
- during athletics meet, a high jumper is provided either a cushion or a heap of sand on the ground to fall upon. this is done to prevent injury to the athlete when he falls down after making a high jump.
- these days all the cars are provided with seat belts for passengers to prevent injuries in case of accident. in a car accident, a fast running car stops suddenly. due to this the car's large momentum is reduced to zero in a very short time.