Formation of embryo sac directly from megaspore mother
cell in angiosperms is called

Dear student

Please refer the solution below for the said query

Formation of single embryo sac directly from megaspore mother cell in angiosperms is called polygonum type or monosporic type development. 

Hope this information clears your doubt about the topic.


  • 0
At least one of the spores develop into haploid female gametophytes (megagametophytes). The?megaspore mother cell?arises within the megasporangium tissue. In?flowering plants?the megasporangium is alsocalled?the nucellus, and the female gametophyte is sometimes?called?theembryo sac.
  • 0
What are you looking for?