give me the list of top 10 national parks, wildlife sanctuaries and biosphere reserves in india -each one separetely.pleeeease be quick
1. Corbett National Park - It is one of the most visited wildlife destinations in the country. It is located in the state of Uttarakhand. Established in 1936, this wildlife park is famous for tigers and other wildlife attracts. It is the home to 50 mammal species, 110 tree species, 25 reptile species and 580 bird species. Accommodation facilities at Corbett are excellent.
2. Kaziranga National Park - Located in the state of Assam, it is a famous wildlife park of India. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Natural Site. It is famous for one-horned rhinos and elephants. It is also home to other wild animals and various species of vegetations and birds. Elephant Safari is worth enjoying attraction of Kaziranga.
3. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary - Located in the state of Kerala, it is one of the most popular wildlife parks of India. It is very famous for Indian elephants. Herds of Indian elephants can be seen near the Periyar Lake. Besides elephants, it is also known for tigers and other wildlife attractions. Tourists can enjoy rich flora and fauna of the park by taking boat cruise over the picturesque Periyar Lake.
4. Sariska Tiger Reserve - It is located in the state of Rajasthan, India. It is a famous wildlife destination known for its tigers and other wild animals. The park supports varied species of flora and fauna. Sariska Palace, Kankwadi Fort, Shiv Temple, etc are other attractions of Sariska Tiger Reserve National Park of Rajasthan.
5. Gir Lion Sanctuary - Located in the state of Gujarat, it is also known as the Sasan Gir National Park. It is home to a large population of Asiatic lions. It is also haven for around 300 tigers in its vicinity.
6. Kanha National Park - Located in the state of Madhya Pradesh, it a popular very popular wildlife park of India known for housing largest population of tigers in India along with other wildlife attractions including, mammals, reptiles, birds and vegetations.
7. Bandhavgarh National Park - Located in the state of Madhya Pradesh it is a wonderful wildlife destination in India you will love to explore on your wildlife tourism in India. The park is rich its flora and fauna. It is known for housing big population of tigers and other wildlife attractions like mammals, avifauna, reptiles, vegetations, etc. Tourists can explore the park conveniently by exciting jeep safari or elephant safari in the park.
8. Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary - Also known as the Keoladeo Ghana National Park, it is located in the city of Bharatpur in Rajasthan. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is home to varied species of birds along with some of the many wild animals and vegetations. Rickshaw-ride in the sanctuary is a worth enjoyable experience to watch the enchanting birds. It is perhaps the most popular destination for birding in India. In winter season, tourists can see various species of migratory birds including Siberian cranes.
9. Ranthambhore National Park - Located in the northwestern state of Rajasthan, it is one of the most visited and popular wildlife parks. It attracts a large number of wildlife enthusiasts from all over the world. It supports a varied range of wildlife spices including flora and fauna. It is predominantly known for its tiger attractions. Today it is a very ideal destination for not only wildlife travel in Rajasthan but also in India. Here tourists can see the tigers even during the day time.
10. Sunderbans National Park - Located in the state of West Bengal, it is a very favored destination for India tiger tours. It is one of the most popular national parks in India appealing wildlife enthusiasts from all over the world. It is one only one of its kind in the world. It is spread over more than 50 islands and extends into neighboring country of Bangladesh. The park can be only accessed by boat. And the exploring the park surrounding is truly a thrilling experience which should not be missed on wildlife tours in India. It is the wildlife park in India where tigers know how to swim.
The Indian subcontinent is a vast land of varied geographical areas and varied climatic regions which serves as a natural home to a wide numbers of flora and fauna. There are over 442 wildlife sanctuaries in India. They are the natural occurring sanctuary or protect areas for animals. These are of national importance to conservation as many of them hosts some of the rarest and endangered animal and bird. They are among the best tourist places in the world. Each of the wildlife sanctuary attracts thousands of visitors every year. Here is the top 10 best wildlife sanctuary in India.Top 10 Indias Best Wildlife Sanctuaries
10. Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary- Kerala
An important Tiger reserve located in Palakkad district of Kerala, the Parambikulam wildlife sanctuary is a memorable place for anyone who visits here. This is a place of rich diversity of animals and birds. Among the others the lion-tailed macaques, elephants, wild boars, sloth bears, and gaur are mostly seen here. Among the birds, the grey-headed fish-eagle, darter, great pied hornbill are some of the prominent members. It also hosts many reptiles and variety of fishes. This place is sometimes revered as Natures own abode. This is a good place if you want to be in the lap of Mother Nature and gain treasured memories of animal sighting.
Visiting Information: This is only accessible by road from Pollachi (Tamil Nadu) which have a railway station. The nearest airport is Coimbatore. The best time to visit is between Augusts to January.
9.Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary- Kerala
Known as the paradise of Ornithologists and a favorite haunt for migratory birds, this bird sanctuary is the best place you can think of if you happen to be a bird lover. This is located on the banks of Vembanad Lake in Kottayam district. Its neighbor places like kaipuzha Muttu, Thollairam Kayal, Narakathara are also good for bird watching. Birds like cuckoo, heron, darter, and waterfowl are some of the main attraction here. Among the migrators, the Siberian Crane and parrot offers good views to the watchers. Dawn is the best time to watch the birds and early morning is recommended for avid bird watchers.
Visiting Information: Kochi is the nearest airport at a distance of 106 km from Kumarakom. The nearest railway station is Kottayam which is 14 km from Kumarakom and easily reachable by roads. The best time to visit is June to August and if you are planning to click migratory birds then November to February is the recommended period.
8. Govind Wildlife Sanctuary- Uttarakhand
This amazing sanctuary is situated in greater part of the Tons River, near Uttarkashi in Uttarakhand-the Land of the Gods. It offers great view to the visitors. This sanctuary hosts wildlifes like black bear, leopard, Himalayan tahr and musk deer. The birds include tragopan, golden eagle, snowcock, cuckoos and finches. If you are lucky enough you may get the view of the elusive snow leopard sometime. Its lush greenish beauty with the snow clad peaks and glaciers are a major tourist attraction.
Visiting information: Naitwar is the entrance to the sanctuary and is well connected by road from Dehradun. It is also easily reachable from Delhi. The best time to travel here is AprilJune and SeptemberNovember. Avoid travelling in Monsoon as it receives heavy rainfall.
7.Tal Chhapar Sanctuary- Rajasthan
This lovely sanctuary is known as a refuge to the Black bucks. This place is located in Churu district of northwest Rajasthan and is a home to many birds. During September to March many migratory birds like harriers, little green bee-eaters, tawny eagle, and sparrow passes through it. Birds like skylark, ring dove and Blue Jay are permanent here. Desert fox, Black naped hare and desert cats are also spotted frequently. This is a place for the bird watcher to give their dream a reality.
Visiting information: It is located on Nokha-Sujangarh state highway at a distance of about 85 km from Churu and 132 km from Bikaner. Chappar is the nearest railway station and Sanganer (Jaipur) is the nearest airport. The period from September to March is recommended for visit.
6.Aralam Wildlife Sanctuary Kerala
The northernmost wildlife sanctuary of India, Aralam sanctuary is another major tourist attraction. This is a common place for the Western Ghats animals like deer, boar, bison, leopard and squirrels. Among others it hosts some of the threatened species of birds including the Nilgiri wood pigeon, Great Pied Hornbill, Blue-winged parakeet, Malabar Pied Hornbill and Ceylon Frogmouth to name a few.
Visiting information: Iritty is the nearest town at 20 km from Sanctuary where the wildlife wardens office is located. Thalassery is the nearest railhead at a distance of 70 km and Kozhikode is the nearest airport at a distance of 150 km from the sanctuary. The best time to visit is from September to May. It is also accessible by road from nearby places like Kannur, Wayanad and Virajpet.
5. Indian Wild Ass Sanctuary- Gujarat
The largest wildlife sanctuary of India and the only home on earth for the endangered Indian Wild Ass, this great sanctuary has many things to offer the visitors. Located in Little Rann, it hosts jackals, desert fox, blackbucks, and striped hyenas among many others. It is also a great place for birds to feed and breed. its annual nesting goes up to 75,000. The sessional guest includes Ceraneous vulture from Egypt, cranes from Siberia and Houbara Bustard of Iran.
Visiting Information: Bhuj is the nearest airport at distance of 150 km. Dhrangadhra is nearest railway station at a distance of 22 km from sanctuary. It is well connected by road transportation. The best time to travel is October to March.
4. Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary- Kerala
Located around 16km east of the town Sulthan Bathery, it is the second largest wildlife of Kerala. Wayanad is a home to variety of wild animals like tiger, deer, elephant and bison. Among the birds, the peacock woodpeckers, owls and jungle fowls are mainly seen here. You can frequently see a herd of elephants here.
Visiting information: Calicut international airport, Karipur is the nearest airport and Kozhikode is nearest railway station at about 110 km away. It is well connected by road. You may visit here any time as the climate quite salubrious throughout the year.
3.Mudumalai National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary- Tamil Nadu
A tiger reserve and an important wildlife habitat which is surrounded by other protected areas, Mudumalai is a great tourist attraction. It is a habitat to some of the rarest species on earth like Bengal tiger and Indian elephant. You can expect animals like the gray langur, Sambar deer, wild boar and birds like the threatened Black and orange Flycatcher, Emerald Dove, Jerdons Baza to name a few. This is the highest density of tigers in India and hosts around 80 percent bird species occurring in India. There are many bonus attractionsnearby.
Visiting information: Coimbatore is nearest airport at around 130 km. Ooty is the nearest railway station at around 67 km from the sanctuary. It is conveniently accessible by roads with good bus service. The period from February to May and September to October are recommended for visit. The clear days from Late January to early April is advisable for wildlife enthusiast.
2. Gir National Park Wildlife Sanctuary- Gujarat
Famously known as the only place you can find the Asiatic Lions, Gir Sanctuary is the place if you want to get the best out of your vacation. Considered to be one of the best protected areas, it is located in Junagadh and Amreli district. It is the jewel of Gujarat. You can find the Indian leopard, golden jackals, desert cats, sloth bears, blackbucks and many more rare species. It provides residences to birds like the endangered Bonellis eagle, black headed oriole and the crested serpent eagle to name a few.
Visiting information: Diu is the near airport from where it is around 2 hour drive to Gir. Junagadh is the nearest railway station from where it is about 1 hour-drive and is well connected from buses and taxies there. The best time to visit December to march, i.e. during winter. However if you are going there especially for the lions, make sure you go during March to May as the lions come out for weather and early morning is the best period in a day.
1. Periyar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary Kerala
The best of its kind, Periyar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary of Kerala is the most famous sanctuary in India. Located in Kumily district in Kerala, in the middle of the Cardamom hills, it is a pride of Kerala. It is known for its elephants and tigers. This is the home of many threatened wilds like the Lion-tailed macaque, the Nilgiri langur, and bonnet macaque. It also hosts mammals like barking deer, gaur, sambar, dholes, mongoose, foxes, leopards, and of course the elusive Nilgiri tahr. Several birds like kingfishers, racket tailed drongos and darter adds to its attraction. You can also find the python and king cobra here.
1 2008 Kachchh Biosphere Reserve Part of Kuchh ,Rajkot and Surendranagar District Gujarat Semi-Arid 12454
2 1989 Gulf of Mannar Indian part of Gulf of Mannar between India and Sri Lanka Tamil Nadu Coasts 10500
3 1989 Sunderbans Part of delta of Ganges and Barahamaputra river system West Bengal Gangetic Delta 9630
4 1988 Nanda Devi Parts of Chamoli District, Pithoragarh District Almora District Uttranchal West Himalayas 5860
5 1986 Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve Part of Wynad, Nagarhole, Bandipur and Mudumalai, Nilambur, Silent Valley and Siruvani Hills Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka Western Ghats 5520
6 1998 Dehang Debang Part of Siang and Debang valley Arunachal Pradesh East Himalayas 5112
7 1999 Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve Parts of Betul District, Hoshangabad District and Chhindwara District Madhya Pradesh Semi-Arid 4926
8 1994 Simlipal Part of Mayurbhanj district Orissa Deccan Peninsula 4374
9 2005 Achanakamar - Amarkantak Part of Annupur, Dindori and Bilaspur districts Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh 3835
10 1989 Manas Part of Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon, Barpeta, Nalbari, Kamrup and Darrang District Assam East Himalayas 2837
11 2000 Kanchanjunga Parts of Kanchanjunga Hills Sikkim East Himalayas 2620
12 2001 Agasthyamalai Biosphere Reserve Neyyar, Peppara and Shenduruny Wildlife Sanctuary and their adjoining areas Kerala Western ghats 1828
13 1989 Great Nicobar Biosphere Reserve Southern most islands of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Andaman and Nicobar Islands Islands
top 10 national parks and wildlife santuries are mention below:
1. corbett national park, uttarakhand
2. kaziranga national park, assam
3. bandipur national park, karnataka
4. banhavgarh national park, madhya pradesh
5. kanha national park, madhya pradesh
6. gir national park, gujarat
7. keoladeo ghana national park , bharatpur, rajasthan
8. periyar national park, kerala
9. pench national park, madhya pradesh
10. ranthambore national park, rajasthan
top 10 biosphere reserve are:
1. nanda devi
4. gulf of mannar