how is a major policy decision taken?
- A major policy decision is taken through issue of an official memorandum
- It may be issued by President of the State, Prime Minister, Houses of Parliament, etc
- For example, Government of India issued an office memorandum for reservation of socially and educationally backward classes in Civil Posts and Services
- This order contained the number of official memorandum, the date and the issuing authority
- It was a decision of various groups and took a long period to be issued officially
- Thus, it is evident that major policy decisions are taken after long debates and resolution