How to draw a spiral of root 2 to root 10 in a single number line?
Follow the steps shown in the following picture and make a square root spiral.Procedure:
- Draw a line segment OP1 of unit length (Let OP1 = 2cm).
- At P1 construct an angle of 90 degrees. Let the new ray be P1X, such that angle OP1X = 90 degrees.
- Cut off P1P2 = 2cm on P1X.
- Join OP2.
- Find OP2 using Pythagoras theorem. OP2 = Sqrt (2)
- At P2 construct an angle of 90 degrees. Let the new ray be P2Y, such that angle OP2Y= 90 degrees.
- Cut off P2P3 = 2cm on P2Y.
- Join OP3.
- Find OP3 using Pythagoras theorem. OP3 = Sqrt(3).