In severe cold weather a family burnt wood in room during the night by keeping the windows close. After sometime they felt suffocated. They immediately opened the windows & got relief. What did actually happen?

Since fire requires oxygen for burning, the oxygen in the closed room got used up in the fire and increased the level of carbon dioxide. Due to this, they felt suffocated. After opening the windows, fresh oxygen came into the room making feel everyone better.


  • 10
there was a cut in the supply of oxygen in the room and as combustion causes carbon monoxide.
so,they felt suffocated
  • 1
What are you looking for?