Plants reproduce sexually through flowers. I know that pedicle- style, thalamus- ovary but I am not sure with these two but I know that androecium- stamen, gynoecium- pistil but I don't know that what are calyx and coolla. Can anybody tell me the answer and make me sure with all of these, please.
- Pedicel is a stalk that attaches single flowers to the main stem of the plant.
- Thalamus is a tip of the pedicel that develops into somewhat enlarged or bulged structure on which all parts of flower i.e sepals, petals, stamen and pistil are present.
- The pistil has three parts stigma,style and ovary.
- The androecium is the male reproductive organ aslo called as stamen and the gynoecium is the female reproductive organ also called pistil.
- All petals in a flower are together called corolla and all sepals in a flower are together called calyx.