please explain the phylum aschehelminthes and and its general features
Another name for Aschelminthes is nematoda or ‘roundworms’.
General features of Aschelminthes
- They are parasitic animals which cause diseases such as elephantiasis (filarial worms) and usually live in the intestine.
- A nematode has a cylindrical body with tapering ends.
- Nematodes have an organ system level of organization, but less real organs are formed due to the absence of a true coelom.
- They are bilaterally symmetrical and triploblastic.
- A false body cavity or pseudocoelom is present.
- Examples of nematodes:Ascaris, Wuchereria (filarial worm), Ancylostoma (hookworm)