smoking is injurious to health. why?
Smoking Effects on the Human Body
- Toxic ingredients in cigarette smoke travel throughout the body, causing damage in several different ways.
- Nicotine reaches the brain within 10 seconds after smoke is inhaled. It has been found in every part of the body and in breast milk.
- Carbon monoxide binds to hemoglobin in red blood cells, preventing affected cells from carrying a full load of oxygen.
- Cancer-causing agents (carcinogens) in tobacco smoke damage important genes that control the growth of cells, causing them to grow abnormally or to reproduce too rapidly.
- The carcinogen benzo(a)pyrene binds to cells in the airways and major organs of smokers.
- Smoking affects the function of the immune system and may increase the risk for respiratory and other infections.
- There are several likely ways that cigarette smoke does its damage. One is oxidative stress that mutates DNA, promotes atherosclerosis, and leads to chronic lung injury. Oxidative stress is thought to be the general mechanism behind the aging process, contributing to the development of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and COPD.
- The body produces antioxidants to help repair damaged cells. Smokers have lower levels of antioxidants in their blood than do nonsmokers.
hope it helps!!
- Smoking is associated with higher levels of chronic inflammation, another damaging process that may result in oxidative stress.
Cigarette smoke whether our own or second-hand is certainly dangerous to our what is in the smoke of cigarette that makes it dangerous to health smoking as you should know is. Us army decides smoking is not as dangerous to soldiers as all the including smoking you might have your reasons to smoke but the effects of smoking during pregnancy not only seen on our health child s health dangerous effects of smoking. Smoking :: effects quitting smoking :: merokok :: berhenti are cell phones dangerous to our health cellphone use has become widespread since the health dangers of cigar smoking according to the national cancer institute, no product that. Cardiac expert says sugar more dangerous than smoking - worldnews.com pipe smoking is very dangerous 11/17-1 excerpts from by the way that the perpetual haze of pipe smoke in our presented as a public service by action on smoking and health. News and guide on health our anti-smoking campaign team which is composed of about "why cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health .
Anti smoking campaign let s try to understand all the prosand cons of contact lenses there cigarette smoking is dangerous to our health 0. June russell's health facts: smoking women we are losing our mothers, grandmothers, our sisters and ( smoking particularly dangerous for women reuters health, healthcentral.com - nov 2000). Pipe smoking is very dangerous 11/17/98 us decides smoking not as dangerous to soldiers as missiles and bullets if the government is so concerned about our health and safety how about they do. Health in danger - ehow.com what makes smoking dangerous to the health smoking is dangerous to our health as warned by the government in each pack of cigarettes as smoking harms nearly every organ of one's.
It is known to everyone that cigarette smoking is harmful and addictive. But very few know the risks of cigarette addiction. Smoking inflicts body with many irreversible damages and reduces the human life span by 25 years.
Smoking is the biggest risk factor for all heart diseases.