Suggest any three broad guidelines that can be kept in mind while devising ways and means for political reforms in India.
Some political reforms in India :
- Anti defection law
- Reduction in the influence of money
- It is important for a candidate to file an affidavit giving details of his property and eliminate cases pending against him/ her.
- Election Commission has made it necessary for political parties to hold their organisational elections and file their income tax returns
- A law is strictly advisable to make or regulate the internal affairs of poltical parties
- It should be made mandatory for political parties to give a minimum number of tickets, about one-third, to women candidates.