Visit a local doctor. learn about the harmful effect of smoking .you can also collect material on this topic from other sources. you can seek help of your teacher and parents. find out the percentage of people of your ara who smoke.if you have a smoker in your family , confront him with the material that you have collected.
please ans. me
As this is an activity, the students are expected to do them on their own. Here I am providing you some points on harmful effects of smoking. Try collecting some more points on your own and compile them according to you.
Effects of Smoking on our body
- Smoking paves the way to hard drugs. Tobacco has been used by human beings for more than 400 years. It is smoked , chewed or used as a snuff.
- Tobacco contains a large number of chemical substances including nicotine which raise blood pressure and increase heart rate.
- Smoking is associate with increased incidents of cancer of lungs, urinary bladder and throat, bronchitis, emphysema, coronary heart disease,gastric ulcer,etc.Tobacco chewing is associated with increased risk of cancer of the oral cavity.
- Smoking increases carbon monoxide content in blood and reduces the concentration of haem bound oxygen. This causes oxygen deficiency in the body.
- Also, Depression has been found to have a strong association with cigarette. Smoking adults who are depressed are 40% to 50% more likely to smoke than adults who are not depressed.