what are the advantages of synthetic fibre
Synthetic Fibres: Pros -Easy to wash -Most are resilient -Hydrophobic (hates water) -Nylon and polyester are thermoplastic -Cheap (e.g. Acrylic is a cheaper substitute of wool) -Strong & Hardwearing -Nylon is waterproof when closely woven Cons -High Static -Not Absorbent
Natural Fibres: Pros -Absorbent -Low Static -Wool and Silk are resilient -Wool and Silk are warm to wear -Cotton and Linen are cool to wear -Strong and Stronger when wet Cons -Cotton and Linen crease easily -Cotton: damaged by sunlight and mildew -Silk is very delicate and therefore is quite difficult to wash/dry etc, it scorches easily as well -Some people think wool is itchy -Some people think linen is uncomfortable to wear
If you have a blend of fibres they can cancel each other out.
Depending on what you need the fibre for will depend on which fibre you use.
I hope this helps :)
(1) Synthetic fibres are strong so they can take up heavy loads easily.
(2) They have got high tensile strength, which enables them to carry weights.
(3) They easily retain their original shape, even if they get wrinkled. So they are convenient to wash and wear.
(4) They have great elasticity due to which can be easily streched.
(5) Synthetic fibres are generally soft, so they are used to make variety of clothes and clothing materials.
- Synthetic fibers do not depend either on an agricultural crop or on animal farming.
- They are generally cheaper than natural fiber.
- Synthetic fibers possess unique characteristics which make them popular dress material.
- They dry up quickly, are durable, readily available and easy to maintain.