What are the different types of asexual reproduction . Explain with example.
Asexual Reproduction is a form of reproduction that involves participation of single parent only. It does not involves sexual fusion of two gametes This type of reproduction produces identical offspring to parent.
There are 7 types of asexual reproduction
- Binary Fission:- the process in which one unicellular organism copies and gives 2 offsprings of the same species.Ex: Amoeba, Paramecium.
- Multiple Fission:- the process in which one unicellular organism copies to give more than 2 offsprings.Ex: Plasmodium.
- Spore Formation:- the process in which organisms reproduce by spore transportation.
- Regeneration:- the process in which offsprings take birth by generating from the parent.
- Budding:- the process in which bud produces from the parent.Ex: Hydra.
- Vegetative Propagation:- process of reproducing through plant parts.
- Fragmentation:- the process in which organism is produced through the fragments of the parent.
If you have any more doubts just ask here on the forum and our experts will try to help you out as soon as possible.