What are the measures to control air pollution ??
Some points are:
1. Tall chimneys should be installed in factories to reduce air pollution on the ground level.
2. Better designed fuel burning equipment should be used in homes and industries so that fuel is burnt completely.
3. Reduce vehicular emissions by using non-polluting fuel like CNG.
4.Use LPG for domestic use.
5. Improve the quality of fuel in automobiles and use catalytic converters in them.
6.Make use of renewable alternative sources of energy like solar energy, wind energy and hydro energy.
7. All motor vehicles should be maintained properly so that they comply with pollution norms.
8. Use unleaded petrol.
9. Install electrostatic precipitators in the chimneys of industries.
10. Plant and grow more and more trees.
Hope this answer helps you. :)
There are other ways to reduce emissions besides using pollution control equipment--prevent emissions to begin with. Air quality permits help minimize, reduce or prevent emissions as much as possible by placing requirements on how things are done.
Permits can specify the quantity, type, or quality of fuel or other substance used in a process. For example, a permit might specify the maximum percent of sulfur that can exist in the coal to reduce sulfur dioxide emissions. A permit may specify the quantity of volatile chemicals in paint, solvent, adhesive or other product used in large quantity during manufacturing. Permits can also help reduce the impact of emitted pollutants on local air by specifying smokestack height and other factors.
Engineers can also set combustion specifications to minimize emissions. For example, to help reduce nitrogen oxide formation, the combustion conditions in the furnace can be altered. The flame temperature can be lowered or raised, the amount of time air remains in the combustion chamber can be altered, or the mixing rate of fuel and air can be changed. These options are often reviewed, studied and best choices made depending upon cost, plant design and many other variables.