what r those factors which can endanger the existence of endemic species
The following factors can endanger the existence of endemic species:
- Climate change - global climate change has an adverse effect on many of the endemic species
- Habitat destruction - drastic change in the habitat results in endangering the existence of these animals and plants which are found only in a particular geographical area
- Invasive species - This is a species which is not native to a particular area but arrives usually with the help of human beings and pose a threat to all native species, Endemic species often need to compete with these which affects them adversely.
- Agriculture - alters the ecosystem changing the natural habitat of endemic species posing a serious threat to their existence
- Urbanisation - this too changes the habitat causing untold harm to the existence of endemic species