what steps can be taken to restore the river ganga to its past glory?
@ Jessica: You can refer to the answer provided by aish.
@ Aish: It's a great answer that you have provided! Keep up the good effort! You deserve a for your nice answer!!
Best wishes !!
The Ganga Action plan was launched in India in 1985.The main aim of the project was to reduce the pollution level in the river.Pollution control activities included under the project were:
- solid waste management.
- Installation of sewage treatment plan
- installation of crematorium
- Development of river front
- Provision of low cost sanitary facilities
- To creat public awareness