What were the major outcomes of democracy?
The outcomes of democracy are:
1. Accountable , legitimate , responsive government: Democracy ensures free and fair elections. By doing so, it helps to install an accountable, legitimate and responsive government.
2. Economic growth and development: It is expected from democracy to bring economic development because, it works on the principle of equality.
3. Reduction of inequality and poverty : Equality before law is the principal outcome of democracy
4. Accommodation of social diversity : Democracy is a binding force that facilitates people of all religions, races, caste or creed. Hence it accommodates social diversity.
5. Dignity and freedom of the citizens: Democracy secures multiple rights of the individual to keep his dignity and freedom intact.