why do people prefer democracy ? explain with any 5 reasons.
People prefer democracy because :-
- Promotes equality among citizens
- Enhances the dignity of an individual
- Improves the quality of decision making
- Provides a method to resolve conflicts
- Accomodates social diversities & differences
- There 's open public debate on major issues
- There are free & fair elections
- Give right to information to citizens .
HOPE THIS ANSWER HELPS YOU...!!!!!!!!!
- recognition of people as the source of the state power. The power of people implies that it forms the state power by elections and directly participates in its implementation (with the help of referenda, local authorities as well as through representative bodies);
- alternate electivity and replacement of central and local authorities with their accountability to the electorate;
- declaration and ensuring rights and freedoms of man and citizen. A specific meaning for the full-fledged functioning democratic political system ensures the rights of people of participating in management of state affairs – elective franchise, the right to form political parties and other types of associations, freedom of speech and opinions, information right, etc;
- decision-making by the majority and minority`s submission in implementing them;
- society`s democratic control of security ministries, used according to their intended purpose and within the law;
- domination of persuasive, coordinating and compromising methods, non-violence, non-compulsion, non-suppression;
- real implementation of principles of constitutional state including separation of powers principle...
? Promotes equality among citizens
? Enhances the dignity of an individual
? Improves the quality of decision making
?Provides a method to resolve conflicts
? Accommodates social diversities &
? There 's open public debate on major
? There are free & fair elections ? Give right to information to citizens.