why is the judiciary of india considered one of the most powerful judiciary in the world? pl answer fast i need for pre board tomm.
- The Supreme Court and the High Courts have the power to interpret the Constitution of the country.
- They can declare invalid any law of the legislature or the actions of the executive, whether at the Union level or at the state level, if they find such a law or action is against the Constitution.
- Thus they can determine the Constitutional validity of any legislation or action of the executive in the country, when it is challenged before them. This is known as the judicial review.
- The Supreme Court of India has also ruled that the core or basic principles of the Constitution cannot be changed by the Parliament.
- Thus the judiciary of India is considered one of the most powerful judiciary in the world.