Why river water is not suitable for drinking although it looks very clean?

Untreated surface water in rivers is not safe to drink unless it is treated to remove bacteria, viruses, and parasites.Drinking water contaminated by these organisms can cause diseases like cryptosporidium or giardia. Symptoms can include nausea, diarrhoea, weight loss, gas, and energy loss.

  • 9
because river water is saline water and is unfit for human consumption
  • 4
it contains very high amount of minerals .
  • 2
all answer r correct.good job....
  • -5
What are you looking for?