write an activity to show metals are ductile
- Take pieces of metals like iron, aluminium, copper and zinc and materials like plastic, ceramic etc.
- Measure the length, breadth and width of the pieces.
- Clamp one of the material pieces on a stand.
- Add a weight on the free side of the piece and measure the changes in the dimension of the piece. Note the weight at which the material breaks.
- Repeat the process increasing the weights added each time.
- Repeat the procedure with the other material.