write any 2 applications of chromatography
Chromatography is a technique used to separate mixtures into its components.It is used -
- to check the purity of an organic compound,
- to detect pesticide or insecticide residues in food,
- in forensics to analyze the dye composition of fibers,
- to analyze fibers on a persons body and also analyze blood found at a crime scene,
- to analyze metal ions and organic compounds in solutions,
- to move a gaseous mixture through a column of absorbent material, etc.
Hope it helps !
hit thumpz up
Application: To separate and identify- 1) pigments from plants2) dyes from ink (forensic science)3)amino acidsobtained from amino acids for analysis
Chromatography has many applications in biology. It is used to separate and identify amino acids, carbohydrates, fatty acids, and other natural substances. Environmental testing laboratories use chromatography to identify trace quantities of contaminants such as PCBs in waste oil and pesticides such as DDT in groundwater. It is also used to test drinking water and test air quality. Pharmaceutical companies use chromatography to prepare quantities of extremely pure materials. The food industry uses chromatography to detect contaminants such as aflatoxin.