Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Properties of Magnetic field lines
- Originate from the North pole and end at the South pole [outside the magnet]
- They are closed continuous lines
- Density of the lines increases near the poles and decreases away from the poles
- Lines never cross each other
- Like poles repel and unlike poles attract each other.
- The region where magnetic field lines are crowded has relatively greater strength
- The magnetic poles of the Earth continuously change their position with time i.e., the magnetic North Pole becomes the magnetic South Pole and vice-versa. This phenomenon of flipping of poles is known as magnetic reversal.
- The angle of the horizontal plane between the geographic North (true North) and the magneti…
To view the complete topic, please