- Water is essential for life.
- About 71% of the earth’s surface is covered with water. It is present as ground water, in seas, oceans, rivers, lakes, ice caps, and in atmosphere.
- Wells, rivers, ground water reservoirs or lakes are sources of fresh water.
- Ocean and sea water is not potable because they contain large amount of dissolved salts.
- Water is a necessity for every form of life. It is used for domestic activities, irrigation, industrial purposes, etc.
- 22nd March is celebrated as World Water day.
- Sources of water: The common sources of water are ponds, lakes, rivers, wells, and reservoirs…
To view the complete topic, please