1) Consider a heavenly body which has a mass twice that of the Earth and radius thrice that of the Earth. What will be the weight of the book on this heavenly body , if its weight on Earth is 900 N ?
2) Why gravitational force is usually unnoticeable ?
3) Prove that acceleartion due to gravity is independent of mass of the body.
4) How can the average density of the Earth can be determined ?
5) Buoyancy depends on which factors ?
Mass of earth = M
Radius of earth = R
Mass of the body = m
Weight on earth is, We = GMm/R2 = 900 N
For the heavenly body,
Mass = 2M
Radius = 3R
So, weight is, Wp = G(2M)(m)/(3R)2
=> Wp = (2/9)(GMm/R2)
=> Wp = (2/9)(900)
=> Wp = 200 N
This is the weight of the object on the heavenly body.
For help with more answers you may post them individually.