Difference between algae and fungi ?
1. Cell wall is made up of cellulose.
2. Cells contain chloroplasts. Hence, these are green in colour.
3. These are autotrophic.
4. Cells are uninucleated.
5. The reserve food is stratch.
1. Cell wall is made up of chitin.
2. Cells do not contain chloroplasts. Hence, these are colourless.
3. These are heterotrophic.
4. Cells or hypha is uninucleated, binucleated or coenocytic.
5. The reserve food is glycogen.
Algae is an example of phytoplankton( which are tiny microscopic plants floating on the surface of sea water. )
But fungi is an example of heterotrophic organism that rottens food faster.
Have you seen the white ( or sometimes pale brown ) cottony stuff when fruits rot? That is fungi. EEEEEUUUUGGHH!