difference between prokaroyes and eukaroytes
1) Has a well defined nucleus.
2) Genetic material is enclosed.
3) Membrane bound Organelles are present.
4) Cell size is 10-100um.
5) Consists of 80s type of Ribosomes.
1) Lacks a well defined nucleus.
2) Genetic material is naked.
3) Lacks membrane bound organelles.
4) Cell size is usually 0-10um.
5) Consists of 70s type of ribosomes.
- Most primitive, earliest form of life
- Do not have a pre-defined nucleus
- Chromosomes are dispersed in the cytoplasm
- Contain no membrane-bound organelles
- Have circular chromosomes and lack histone proteins
- Most metabolically diverse
- Small - typically 1 - 5 micrometers in diameter
- Have a primitive cytosketetal structures or don't have a cytoskeleton at all
- Smaller (70S) ribosomes
- Don't undergo meiosis but reproduce sexually by the transfer of DNA fragments through conjugation
- More complex, evolved organsims
- Contain true nuclei in which chromosomes are compacted as chromatin
- Contain membrane-boundorganelles
- Have linear DNA and contain histone proteins
- Larger - typically 10-100 micrometers in diameter
- Have a complex cytosketeton
- Larger (80S) ribosom
- Reproduce sexually with the use of meiosis
Size of the cell
Small in size
Vary is size, generally larger than prokaryotes
Nucleus with nuclear membrane is absent
A well-defined nucleus with nuclear membrane is present
Organelles like mitochondria and plastids, which have a membrane around them are absent
Membrane-enclosed organelles like mitochondria and plastids are present
Cell wall is usually present in prokaryotes and is composed of peptidoglycan
Cell wall is usually present in plant cells and is composed of cellulose
Present as nucleoid
Present inside the nucleus
1)small in size
2)nucleus with nuclear membrane is absent
3)organelles like mitochondria and plastids, which have a membrane around them are absent
4)cell wall is usually present in prokaryotes and is composed of peptidoglycan
5)genetic material is present as nucleoid
1)vary in size, generally larger in size
2)a wel-defined nucleus with nuclear membrane is present
3)membrane-enclosed organelles like mitochondria and plastids are present
4)cell wall is usually present in plant cells and is composed of cellulose
5)genetic material is present inside the nucleus
hope this helps u..