how to represent irrational numbers on number line?
Dear Student! Here is the link for the answer to your query.
Representing an irrational number on a number line.
Learn how to represent √2 on a number line.
1. First of all draw the number line.
2. Mark point A at "0" and B at "1". This means AB = 1 Unit.
3. Now, at B, draw BX perpendicular to AB.
4. Cut off BC = 1 Unit.
5. Join AC.
6. By Pythagoras theorem in right triangle ABC, we get AC = √2 Units.
7. Now, with radius AC and centre A, mark a point on the number line.
Let the marked point is M. M represents √2 on the number line.