"there has been a big change in the 3 sectors of Economic activities, but a similar shift has not taken place in the share of Employment".Explain the above statement on the basis of facts?
1. Though there is a drastic change in the share of the three sectors in GDP, a similar shift has not taken place in the share of employment.
2. This is because the primary sector remains to be the largest employer.
3. There are no new job opportunities in the secondary and tertiary sectors.
4. The productivity of these sectors increased exceptionally but employment did not increase proportionately.
5. Consequently primary sector has more employees but producing only a small portion of GDP.6. On a contrary, secondary and tertiary sectors have smaller number of employees yet producing a considerable portion of GDP.