what happened to the cities under the colonial rule
Cities under colonial rule.
- In the late 18th century Bombay ,Calcutta And Madras became the centres of British power in the different region of India And the small cities declined .
- Many towns manufacturing specialised goods declined due to the drop in demand of their produce..
- Due to establishment of new ports old trading centres and ports could not survive any more.
- Earliest centres of regional power collapsed when The British defeated the local rulers.
- Cities like Machlipatnam,Surat,And Serigapatam were de urbanised during the nineteenth century.