Why should we not sleep on a closed room with a coal fire burning in it?

We should not sleep in a closed room with a coal fire burning in it because in closed room , coal  after utilising all oxygen start burning incompletely.  This leads to release of poisonous gas which has no taste, smell, and colour and is called Carbon monoxide.  Carbon monoxide mix with our blood haemoglobin and form carboxyhaemoglobin. Haemoglobin has much higher affinity for â€‹Carbon monoxide than oxygen.  Formation of carboxyhaemoglobin decreases the oxygen carrying capacity of haemoglobin and then we start feeling suffocated. This is called Carbon monoxide poisoning. 
 

  • 21
  • in a closed room, the burning fire can consume oxygen and givee out carbon monoxide..
  • carbon monoxide gas is produced due to incomplete burning of coal in sufficient air
  • Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer since it has no color,no odour and no taste.
  • unfortunately Carbon monoxide has more affinity to combine with Carbon monoxide rather than oxygen....
  • on combining with carbon monoxide, haemoglobin of the blood forms carboxy-haemoglobin which is then never restored to the vital haemoglobin., so the oxygen carrying capacity of blood gradually decreases...
  • As a result of the formation of carboxy-haemoglobin, respiration gradually slows down and production of energy stops...
  • if brain cells did nt receive oxyygen till 3 min they strt dying leading to setting in of paralysis and eventually death...

hope this helped :)))))))

  • 16

  • in a closed room, the burning fire can consume oxygen and givee out carbon monoxide..
  • carbon monoxide gas is produced due to incomplete burning of coal in sufficient air
  • Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer since it has no color,no odour and no taste.
  • unfortunately Carbon monoxide has more affinity to combine with haemoglobin rather than oxygen....
  • on combining with carbon monoxide, haemoglobin of the blood forms carboxy-haemoglobin which is then never restored to the vital haemoglobin., so the oxygen carrying capacity of blood gradually decreases...
  • As a result of the formation of carboxy-haemoglobin, respiration gradually slows down and production of energy stops...
  • if brain cells did nt receive oxyygen till 3 min they strt dying leading to setting in of paralysis and eventually death...

hope this helped :)))))))

  • 42

THUMBS UP 4 @AKSHITA:)))

  • 1

 carbon monoxide is produced. it is a very harmful and poisonous gas. it can kill the persons sleeping in that room

  • 1

 thnk u @srusti :)

  • 1

we should not sleep because coal produces coal gas while burning which would hurt the human and it would even result to deatghs

  • 3

 ThnQ Akshita it helped me :)))

  • 1

because coal gas consumes oxygen and humans need oxygen to breath.

 

hope it will help you!!!!!!!!

thumps up plz!

  • 8

as coal while burning consumes oxygen n produces carbon dioxide

CHEERS !! :)

  • 1

we can't sleep on a closed room with a coal fire burning in it because it may catch fire to person who is sleeping at that room.

  • 1

we can't sleep in a closed room with coal burning as burning coal gives out incomplete combustion which gives a harmful gas carbon monoxide which when inhaled attaches to a person's haemoglobin and it cuts of the supply of oxygen as it being heavier thus our blood does not get oxygen which is essential for us and this results in slow death..

  • 7

this is because air supply is limited in the closed room.when coal burns in a limited supply of oxygen,carbon monoxide instead of carbon dioxide is produced.

carbon monoxide ia very poisonus gas and can even cause death if inhaledi n large quantities

it lowers the level of oxygen in the blood and thus oxygen is not sufficient for the need of the organs.

  • 1

CHECK OUT CHAPTER 6
COMBUSTION AND FLAME
YOU WILL FIND IT THERE 

  • 0

thanx akshita.. ^_^ this helped me too!!! :)

  • 1
What are you looking for?