Balanced diet and personal hygiene
Consumption of healthy food is not the only factor required for good health. Healthy lifestyle and good habits are equally important. Some of the healthy habits we all must follow:
- Bathing regularly to remove sweat and dirt
- Washing hands before eating
- Keeping finger nails trim and clean
- Rinsing or brushing teeth after every meal
- Washing eyes with cold, clean water
- Wearing clean undergarments
- Exercising regularly to keep the muscles and joints stronger.
Apart from personal hygiene, it is very important to maintain social and community hygiene to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
A number of steps have to be taken to ensure effective social hygiene. Some of them are:
Providing clean drinking water
Proper waste disposal and providing proper sanitation
Control of communicable diseases by providing vaccination, medical aid, and medicines
Prevention of air and water pollution
Providing health education at community level
A diet which contains all the nutrients in correct proportions is called a balanced diet.
Let us study the …
To view the complete topic, please